New Jersey Life Health + Beauty offers internships in both web and editorial Spring, Summer, and Fall Semesters. See below for internship details.
New Jersey Life // Health + Beauty magazine is currently interviewing for 2010 Summer Editorial Internship positions. The internships are unpaid, but we will work with colleges to structure this as a course for credit.
NJL H+B is a luxury lifestyle magazine that addresses national wellness and beauty topics on a local level; it is published 6x a year.
Internship duties are heavy in research and writing. Strong clips a must. This is a great opportunity for building a portfolio.
Writing original articles for the Website and print editions, researching, fact-checking, proofreading and administrative tasks.
• Working knowledge of AP Stylebook;
• Demonstrated strong writing skills;
• Web-savvy in terms of research;
• Must be obtaining a degree in Journalism, Communications, or English
• Candidates must be deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and an independent worker
• Interns should be available at least two days a week.
Interships are located in Lambertville, NJ, just over the bridge from New Hope, Pa., but Intern-at-Large positions are available for students in North Jersey who live too far away to commute.
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to Liz Donovan via e-mail to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Responsibilities: performing research for and updating certain sections of the site, including the events page and the Bark Park; assisting in the creation of weekly newsletters; writing features and assisting in writing weekly blogs; and posting content on the website using our content management system.
* Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop;
* Working knowledge of basic HTML a plus;
* Web-savvy in terms of research;
* Candidates must be deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and a team player.
* Interns should be available two days a week
Lambertville, NJ, just over the bridge from New Hope, PA
Please send cover letter and resume to Brianne Harrison via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; via mail at New Jersey Life, 55 Bridge St., Lambertville, NJ 08530, or via fax to: 609.397.6347. No phone calls, please.